This meeting will be held in hybrid format; on-site ( Nara ) and online.
Basically, presenters who live in Japan are to deliver their presentations on-site, those who live outside of Japan or appointed presenters who encounter difficulties in on-site participation will deliver online presentations.
All poster presentations and discussions will be conducted online only.
- On-site Presenters of Overview Talk, Symposium and Workshop （ oral ）
- Symposium speakers who live outside of Japan or who live in Japan but are not able to participate on-site
- Presenters of Workshop（ Poster )
On-site Presenters of Overview Talk, Symposium, Workshop ( oral )
Deliver your presentation as is conventionally done. Presentation slides with the laser pointer will be displayed on the screen in the presentation room and distributed through Zoom.
*The video footages of presentations are distributed as well to online participants.
Language and time
Please see below for language and time of each session.
We ask for your cooperation in keeping to the scheduled presentation and Q&A time to ensure smooth operation of the meeting.
|Program||Slide Language||Presentation Language||Time|
|Overview Talk||English||Japanese||30 minutes|
|50th Anniversary |
|Symposium||English||English||Each chair decides allocation of times. The meeting secretariat will inform each speaker of her / his presentation time.|
|Workshop（ oral ）||English||English||Presentation times differ according to sessions.|
Creating Presentation Slides
- The aspect ratio of presentation slide is either 4:3 or 16:9.
- No audio recording in presentation slides.
- Use regular font style.
- Use of “Presenter View” is not available during presentations.
Precautions for use of video and animation
You can add video or animation to your presentation slides. Please bring your computer or USB flash drive to the Presentation Preview desk and check if your presentation is displayed correctly on the monitor.
Read through followings and bring your own computer if necessary.
- If you are a PC user, make sure to use videos and animations that can be played with standard Windows Media Player.
Check that the presentation work without any troubles by using a computer connecting to an external monitor other than the one you create the presentation with, if you are going to bring the presentation file in USB flash drive.
- If you are a Mac users, please bring your own computer.
- We cannot accept USB flash drives if exclusive codecs such as MPEG2, DivX, Canopus codec or SONY DV codec are used. Please bring your own computer.
Disclosure of COI ( Conflict of Interest )
You are required to disclose your COI status on your second slide ( the slide following the title slide ).
Please read here for detailed information.
＜ Presenters who belong to companies ＞
Show your company name on the first slide. You don’t need to disclose your COI status on the second slide if you don’t have any financial relationships with companies other than the one you belong.
2. Bringing presentation files to Presentation Preview Desk
Please bring your presentation files in a computer or a USB flash drive to Presentation
Preview Desk 20 minutes prior to your session and check your presentation is displayed correctly.
If you are a Mac user or your presentation file includes animations or videos, bring both computer and a USB flash drive as a backup.
You cannot revise your presentation file at the Presentation Preview Desk.
Presentation Preview Desk
Location：1F, Entry hall
Open at 8:15 every day during the meeting
Bringing your computer
Bring back up data of your presentation in a USB flash drive. We kindly ask you to have backups of your computer content to protect data from accidental loss. After previewing your presentation at Presentation Preview Desk, please go to Operator’s seat in the presentation room and give your computer 20 minute prior to your presentation time. Pick up your computer after your presentation.
Notes on bringing computers
- Bring AC adaptor for your computer
- A D-sub pin or HDMI monitor connector is necessary to connect your computer to the projector equipment in the presentation room. If your computer has a special-format monitor output terminal, bring a monitor connector cable as well. We encourage you to check the way of connecting your computer to a projector in advance since it differs according to the model of your computer or OS.
- Deactivate password lock, screen-saver, virus scan and power-saving mode in advance.
Notes on bringing USB flash drives
- Please use your presentation number and your name as the file name for your presentation.i.e.S1-01 Taro Yamada
3. Delivering presentations
Come to the Operator’s seat in the presentation room 20 minutes prior to your presentation time and give your computer.
Chairs will lead the Question-and-Answer.
Please answer to questions from both on-site and online participants when chairs ask you to do so. Chairs will read questions for online participants.
Symposium Speakers who live outside of Japan or are not able to participate on-site
Basically, presenters who live in Japan are to deliver their presentations on-site, those who live outside of Japan or who encounter difficulties in on-site participation will deliver presentations online.
How to deliver presentations online
Record presentations and send the recordings to the meeting secretariat in advance. Operating staff will play your presentation video at your scheduled presentation time, it will be displayed at the screen in the presentation room and distributed with Zoom.
Video format: MP4
Deadline for submission of videos: Tuesday, November 30
* If we don’t receive a presentation video from you by the deadline, your video may not be able to be distributed live.
How to record a presentation: please see the manual below.
How to submit your recording: please see the manual below.
Question-and-Answer will be conducted live ( Zoom webinar ).
You will receive a panelist link from the meeting secretariat via email. Please enter the Zoom webinar meeting room as a panelist and join Question-and-Answer.
Chairs will lead the Question-and-Answer. Please answer questions from both on-site and online participants if chairs ask you to do so. Chairs will read questions for online participants. In case you cannot hear questions from on-site participants clearly, chairs will read those to you.
Presenters of Workshop （ Poster ）
All poster presentations are to be delivered virtually.
Create a poster presentation and upload to the abstract browsing / presentation distribution site: “ONLINE CONF”. Both on-site and online participants can view uploaded poster presentations anytime. Poster discussions will be conducted in real time through the video call feature. Uploaded poser presentations are secured and protected from downloading, printing, and copying.
- ①Create a poster presentation
Read the manual and create your poster presentation.
- ②Uploading poster presentations
You can learn how to upload your poster presentation from the above-mentioned manual.
Uploaded poster presentations will be available for viewing from Thursday, December 3. Uploaded poster presentations can be replaced as many times as you need until the viewing site is closed.
Both poster presenters and audience need to login to “ONLINE CONF” to join poster discussions.