ABiS Image Contest 2019 Guideline
- Only participants in 57th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society of Japan can apply for the Contest.
- Applicants have responsibilities for their images or videos. Please obtain approval of the photographer if he/she is different from the applicant in a joint research, etc. and specify the status in the application form.
- The same materials of which copyright belong to a publishing firm after their publication cannot be used.
- The Contest is for any images based on Biophysics, irrespective of static images/videos. Each of the awardees will receive a diploma and extra prize after being selected in each 3 category: “Beautiful”, “Intellectual”, and “Humorous”.
- Applicants can apply with up to 3 titles.
- Please submit your image/video by files of 10 megabytes or less with the application format attached to your email to the contact below by
August 24 (Sat), 2019 September 6 (Fri), 2019.September 16 (Mon), 2019. Closed
- The prize-winning images/videos will be selected after careful judging by votes by participants in 57th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society of Japan and votes in Biophysics Seminar Image Contest to be held between 11:30-12:30 on September 26 (Thur) at Crystal Room in Seagia Convention Center.
- An applicant is required to exhibit his/her printout image(s) at a specified position by 9:20 a.m. on September 24 or submit his/her 30-sec MP4 or MOV video(s) of 2 gigabytes or less to the Reception Desk. Votes by the evening of September 25 will select about the top 10 titles.
- The entire audience will vote to about 10 selected titles after the projections and approximately 3-minute explanations by applicants in Biophysics Seminar Image Contest.
- The awardees in each category will be announced at the award ceremony to be held between 14:50-15:10 on September 26 (Thur) at the Foyer.
- The results of the Contest will be released on the websites of ABiS, 57th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society of Japan, Biophysical Society of Japan, mailing lists or other media.
- Posted image(s)/video(s) might be used as it is or is processed to support non-profit activities of ABiS or Biophysical Society of Japan. In that case, acknowledgments will be expressed under the name and the affiliation at the application.
- It shall be deemed that the applicants have given the approval of the rules above at the time of posting image(s)/video(s).
57th Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society of Japan ABiS Image Contest Desk
6th floor, Shin-Osaka Grand Bldg.,
2-14-14, Miyahara, Yodogawa-ku, Osaka,
532-0003, JAPAN (c/o A & E Planning, Co., Ltd)
TEL: +81-6-6350-7163 FAX: +81-6-6350-7164